Three Ways to Wear Culottes


Hello hello! I apologise in advance for the amateur photography in this post! Who knew it would be so difficult to take outfit photos by yourself! But I love the trousers featured in this post way too much not to share them!

Culottes have sort of come out of no where and become very very cool! And I love that! My body isn't in the state I'd like it to be in (I'm working on it though) so culottes are a welcome break from all the tight, skinny fit clothes that have cycled through fashion recently. They're loose fitting and perfect for the summer (if the sun ever manages to stay out for longer than a day)


These culottes are from Mango (FYI one of my fave places to buy work clothes from) and I managed to pick them up in the sale for about £12!! I think they're super versatile so I've tried out three different looks: evening / going out, work smart, and weekend casual.

Evening / going out (out) 

Black is my staple night out colour, and I'm probably not the only one! I teamed my Mango culottes with a strappy black camis from Topshop. It's got the loveliest lace inserts at the top. I didn't think the culottes were high waisted but they are, which I love! Paired with a little Michael Kors shoulder bag (current brand obsession!) and some super high Jimmy Choo's, the culottes look classic and chic!


Work smart
The culottes are surprisingly smart, even though they're baggy and loose. Most of my work clothes are cream/white or black. Sometimes I feel this colour palette for work is a little dull and wish I was drawn to bright colours. But I feel confident in more neutral colours, and love a classic look.  I paired a classic cream/ivory long sleeved blouse, again from Mango, with the culottes. Tucked in at the waist, and with some smart ASOS brown heels, this is now one of my favourite work outfits! 

  

Weekend casual 
I wore this outfit last Saturday when we heading into London to catch a matinĂ©e performance of Groundhog Day (go see it, it really is incredibly funny). I absolutely adore these trousers and their versatility is great. I'm one of those girls with LOADS of clothes, but I only seem to wear a few pieces, so I love that these trousers work for so many occasions.  


It's definitely the right balance of casual and smart. It makes me think of the south of France (not that I've ever been). My stripped top is from FatFace, it's the softest cotton so it's perfect for days when the British sun does decide to make an appearance. I can't stand clothing that makes you hot and sticky in the summer, so this top is really quite perfect, even with it's three-quarter length sleeves. My sandals are probably really bad for my feet as I've had them for absolute years - they're from Abercrombie.

I finished off the casual look with my clubmaster style Tom Ford sunglasses, and my slouchy Coach handbag. 

 



6 comments

  1. Fabulous looks! I really want to invest in some coluttes and try give them a go. Don't know if they'd suit my petite height though X

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! I'm literally obsessed with culottes! I'm quite tall so thought they'd be an awkward length on me but when I tried them they were fine! Perhaps try some in a petite range? I'm sure they have some on ASOS!
      X

      Delete
  2. Great post babes! You're so stunning! I love culottes, I feel like they've deffo been my choice of trousers for the summer! xx

    www.lexilife95.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lexi!!! You're too kind! Culottes have definitely become an obsession for me!!! I'll be genuinely sad when it' too cold to wear them! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this post lady! The second look is my favourite - love how you've paired the culottes with the heels, looks so chic!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley - I love the culottes with heels too!!! It's such an easy way to make them look smarter. xx

      Delete